Objects of the Authority
- To be responsible for the wastewater sector in Mauritius and to carry out,monitor, supervise, maintain, manage and control wastewater works;
- To promote the treatment and reuse of wastewater;
- To conduct and undertake research and studies for the implementation and development of projects relating to the wastewater sector;
- To ensure the generation of sufficient resources from tariffs to finance the operation, maintenance and depreciation costs of wastewater systems, sewerage and sewage treatment installations;
- To ensure the proper functioning, inspection and maintenance of house sewers and wastewater systems;
- To control and monitor pollution, private sewers and the use of equipment in relation to wastewater systems;
- To advise the Minister on any matter relating to the management of wastewater.