Hotels/Private Wastewater Treatment Plants
Hotels and private entities with dedicated wastewater treatment plants are monitored by the WMA to ensure that the treated effluents used for irrigation purposes meet the required environmental norms set under the Environment Protection Act 2002 (EPA).
- All private wastewater treatment plants (WWTP) are monitored on a yearly basis.
- As per EIA conditions, hotels are also required to submit to the WMA, their monthly Effluent Analysis Results (EAR) of their treated effluent being used for irrigation.
- The following 15 parameters (as per the guidelines of the Ministry of Environment) shall be submitted in the EAR:
2. Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
3. Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD)
4. Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
7. Free Chlorine
9. Oil and Grease
11. Faecal Coliforms
12. Intestinal Nemathodes
13. Total Dissolved Solids
- EAR may be submitted by fax on (+230) 2117007 or by email on the following address : [email protected]
- The WMA laboratory collects samples of treated effluent once a year. Non-Compliance with prevailing norms is communicated to concerned establishments on a timely basis.
Monitoring visits are effected on a yearly basis by WMA Officers.