The Authority is represented at the level of the Morcellement Board for the processing of applications for morcellement permits. For allocating morcellement permits, the following procedures are followed:
- Applications are received at the WMA from the Ministry of Housing and Lands for examination.
- The Authority conducts site visits in respect of the applications received.
- For site which consists of 25 lots or above, a Percolation test has to be carried out and a Soil Investigation Report, duly signed by a Registered Professional Engineer of Mauritius (Civil) or a Soil Scientist, has to be submitted.
- The WMA communicates the processing fees to the applicants.
- Thereafter, recommendations are conveyed to the Ministry of Housing and Lands for the issue of relevant permits.